Bingo Wings Be Gone!
Got 20mins? Most of us can find a spare cheeky 20mins whether it be early the morning, during a lunch break or before bed to shoehorn in a quick but super effective workout, that really works! And having kids to manage doesn't have be an obstacle. I love to turn my little workouts into a playful time with my boys.
Here are 7 of my favorite exercises that help tone the underarms but also balance out the biceps and shoulders.
Aim to complete all 7 exercises in 1 set. Do each exercise as many times as you can for 1 min with correct technique - medium to high intensity. No rest between exercises. 30sec -1 min rest between each set. 3 sets takes 20mins. Feel those arms BURN!
1. Reverse Plank: Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Place your palms, with fingers spread wide, on the floor slightly behind and outside your hips. Press into your palms, and lift your hips and torso toward the ceiling. Hold for 1min.
2. L Pushup: Almost everyone can do a regular pushup, but this comes with a twist. While in raised pushup position, lift one arm off the ground to shoulder height. Hold for one count and then lower.
3. Tricep dips : An oldie but goodie. Sitting on a bench with your hands gripping the edge, slowly walk your feet forward about 24 inches. Keep your wrists straight and bend your elbows as you lower your body to just above the floor, or your biceps are parallel to the ground. Raise yourself back up.
4. Upright Rows : Grasp a barbell ( or child lying lengthways ) with an overhand grip that is slightly less than shoulder width. Now exhale and use the sides of your shoulders to lift the bar, raising your elbows up and to the side. Lower the bar back down slowly to the starting position. Repeat.
5. Push Ups : Get into a high plank position. Place your hands firmly on the ground, directly under shoulders. Lower your body. Begin to lower your body keeping your back flat and eyes focused about three feet in front of you to keep a neutral neck until your chest grazes the floor. Push back up. Do as many as you can
6. Bicep Curls: With a straight posture and keeping elbows at your sides, hold a dumbbell or wine bottle in each hand. Contract your biceps, bringing everything below the elbow up, and palms facing upwards. Do not let shoulders slouch forward. Lower arms and repeat.
7. Superman: This exercise does wonders for the arms and legs. Lay on the floor, with arms stretched out in front of you. Lift your arms and legs off the ground, palms facing the floor. Hold for one count, then lower limbs back to the ground. Hold for 20 secs. Repeat.
Would love to hear how you went? Please comment below and post your video with your kids doing this with you on my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/bypieta/